It seems like forever ago when I created my first 30 before 30 post. But it was only two years ago. It’s weird how much has changed. Especially how much of the list I’m not all that interested in anymore. Like there’s no way I’m going to be able to do the London to Brighton Trek again, let alone do a charity walk abroad. And I have no idea why I even thought about putting down to go and see a premier league football match. It didn’t really interest me then and it certainly doesn’t interest me now.
Here’s my list as it stands today:
30 before 30
1. Ride a horse
2. Buy a house
3. Visit Iceland – I’d really like this to happen but I doubt it will before I’m 30 with everything that’s going on in these next two years. Maybe when I’m 31.
4. Make a gingerbread house
5. Get to my target weight and stay there – Working on this!
6. Make sushi – Still want to do this
7. Go indoor skydiving – I think I still want to do this
8. Make a scrapbook – Currently making one
9. Do a charity walk abroad – This is NOT going to happen
10. Drive across the USA – This was supposed to happen for our honeymoon but we had to scale our plans back. Therefore it’s not going to happen. I don’t think we’ll do it all in one go anyway – just do portions of it. I will be driving from San Fransisco to LA on our honeymoon though.
11. Successfully make all of my favourite Arab meals – I would still like to do this
12. Own a piece of Tatty Devine jewellery
13. Build a capsule wardrobe – I do still want to do this
14. Write an article for a magazine – Again, I’m not sure why I put this because I had already been published in two magazines at the point of making this list. This isn’t really in my plans anymore.
15. Have a spa day
16. Own my own cats
17. Go to the recording of a tv show – This would be cool. And technically I had already been to one. Jeremy Kyle. Though I don’t like to count that one. I think I had more 8 out of 10 cats in mind!
18. Have my own walk in wardrobe/office
19. Make macaroons at home – Still on my list
20. Sort out my acne – Still trying but nothing works. 6 years and counting now
21. Be in a happy place in my career – whatever it may turn out to be
22. Marry Topher – next year!
23. Go to a premier league football match – I don’t want to do this anymore
24. Sew a dress – Maybe one day but not really a priority for me at the moment
25. Own something from Kate Spade
26. Sleep inside a treehouse – This would be really cool but I don’t think it’s going to happen before I turn 30
27. Go to Cadbury World – This should be something I could fit in. Fingers crossed.
28. Finish the London to Brighton trek – Not before I’m 30 at least
29. Fill in my recipe book – I would still like to do this
30. He watch, she watch project – I think we’ve dropped this but we did do about 11 or 12 episodes so I’m proud of that
So I’ve done 9 out of 30 things. And I’m hoping to finish the list at around 20 out of 30. So watch this space. It’s funny how things change and I’m looking forward to the next to years. Here’s to my late twenties!
Do you have a 30 before 30 style list?