So this year like any other is flying by. How is it almost Halloween? At the beginning of the year instead of traditional goals or resolutions I tried something different and made a 19 for 2019 list.
That’s 19 things to do in the year of 2019. Let’s see how I’ve got on in the first two thirds of the year:
- Go trampolining with mum – DONE
- Get to target at Slimming World (the happy weight not the super skinny one) – nowhere near. We’ll see how this one goes. I can only hope and try my best.
- Finish Florida 2015 scrapbook. Yes you read that right and no I haven’t finished it yet! – DONE – check it out here.
- Make and finish wedding & honeymoon scrapbook – Kind of started, nowhere near finished.
- Finish Tangled jigsaw – Started, not finished.
- Visit York – DONE – Topher and I visited for our 2 year wedding anniversary
- Make 5 recipes from Mowgli cook book I got for my birthday this year – not made a single one yet. I think I’m going to have to marathon it.
- Get a denim jacket and sew my patch collection onto it – Half done. I have the denim jacket and I have sewn some patches but not my whole collection yet.
- Vlog Japan – Currently I just do musical roundups of trips. I partly attempted to vlog our honeymoon but kept chickening out. This time I want to go for it. – DONE – check out my vlogs here. I think we’ve caught the vlogging bug!
- Put up a towel rail and fix the towel hook in our ensuite. A niggly job that I’ve been putting off! – Half done. The towel hook is done, the rail is not yet.
- See something at the theatre – DONE – We saw The Book of Mormon
- Archive and organise my mountain of paperwork – DONE – so much shredding!
- Scrapbook and organise the giant box of sentimental bits and bobs I’ve accumulated over the years. – not even a little bit
- Take the tape off the walls, polyfill the holes and touch up the paint in the living room. I can finally call the room finished when I’ve done that! – Not yet though I did put up frames and make a gallery wall as well as a shelf so the room looks a lot more done now.
- Do a 30 day yoga challenge. Long time readers will know my back/arm/repetitive strain issues so I want to see if yoga will help at all. I’m not doing the gym any more so need to do some kind of activity – DONE
- Finally do indoor skydiving – this has been on my list for years – Not yet and honestly I’m not sure if I want to anymore. I think it was a different me who wanted to do it.
- Get a savings app to track my spending better – Nope
- Rejig blog layout and transfer photos to new storage platform. I’m currently with Flickr and with all the new changes, I have just over a month to get all my 7 years of photos off there. A huge job! Half done. Sorted the photos but haven’t done anything to my blog layout. Not sure if I want to or not.
- Open a new savings account and actually have something in there at the end of the year. – Half done – opened one and we’ll see if theres anything in there at the end of the year.
So 9 out of 19 approximately. Not bad but could be better. There’s still just over 100 days until the end of the year so I’ve got time. Interested to see how many more I can squeeze in under the wire! Watch this space.
How are your 2019 goals coming along?