So it’s almost the end of 2019 and I want to look back at the year as I usually do around this time. Instead of resolutions or goals I wanted to try out something I heard about on a podcast. See my original post for the full story.
Basically I wanted to try and achieve 19 things for 2019. I’ll cut to the chase and let you know how I did:
- Go trampolining with mum – DONE
- Get to target at Slimming World (the happy weight not the super skinny one) – Nowhere near. My motivation has really not been on my side this year so I can only hope and try my best for 2020.
- Finish Florida 2015 scrapbook. Yes you read that right and no I haven’t finished it yet! – DONE – check it out here.
- Make and finish wedding & honeymoon scrapbook – I started this but quickly realised that it would have to be split into multiple books since I was only using a small one. Therefore I asked for a big one for Christmas. Topher got me one so that’s on my list for 2020. No excuses now.
- Finish Tangled jigsaw – DONE
- Visit York – DONE– Topher and I visited for our 2 year wedding anniversary
- Make 5 recipes from Mowgli cook book I got for my birthday this year – as of the end of today I would have made exactly 1 recipe. Which is better than none at all. Hoping to make some more next year now that I’ve cracked the book open.
- Get a denim jacket and sew my patch collection onto it – DONE
- Vlog Japan – Currently I just do musical roundups of trips. I partly attempted to vlog our honeymoon but kept chickening out. This time I want to go for it. – DONE – check out my vlogs here. I think we’ve caught the vlogging bug!
- Put up a towel rail and fix the towel hook in our ensuite. A niggly job that I’ve been putting off! – Half done. The towel hook is done, the rail is not yet and I don’t think it will be happening until I get the room painted.
- See something at the theatre – DONE – We saw The Book of Mormon
- Archive and organise my mountain of paperwork – DONE – so much shredding!
- Scrapbook and organise the giant box of sentimental bits and bobs I’ve accumulated over the years. – not even a little bit. The box I keep it all in is ginormous so I think I’ll get my smaller scrapbooks done first.
- Take the tape off the walls, polyfill the holes and touch up the paint in the living room. I can finally call the room finished when I’ve done that! – Not yet though I did put up frames and make a gallery wall as well as a shelf so the room looks a lot more done now.
- Do a 30 day yoga challenge. Long time readers will know my back/arm/repetitive strain issues so I want to see if yoga will help at all. I’m not doing the gym any more so need to do some kind of activity – DONE
- Finally do indoor skydiving – this has been on my list for years – Not yet and I wasn’t even sure if I still wanted to do it a couple of months ago. That changed this month when I saw some friends of mine go and the photos look cool. Maybe one for 2020.
- Get a savings app to track my spending better – Nope, though I am looking at doing a paper budgeting system that will track my spending for 2020 so watch this space.
- Rejig blog layout and transfer photos to new storage platform. I’m currently with Flickr and with all the new changes, I have just over a month to get all my 7 years of photos off there. A huge job! DONE
- Open a new savings account and actually have something in there at the end of the year. – DONE – there’s not a lot in there but it’s something which is all that matters.
11 and a half out of 19. Not bad at all considering some of these were mammoth tasks and this hasn’t exactly been a productive year for me.
As much as I enjoyed this, I think I’ll go back to doing goals for 2020 as I feel like it’s something that feels right for this year.
Have you ever tried doing a list like this instead of resolutions?