Happy New Year! It’s one of my favourite days of the year. The first of January. It’s always filled with hope and promise and even though it’s totally cliche, I love making new years resolutions. 2015 is in the past now and I did horribly with my goals I made a year ago but it’s going to be different now. There’s a lot of challenges that face me this year and I plan on tackling them head on. So without further delay, here are my 2016 goals.
Target weight – Get to it This will be the year. I feel like I’ve finally got the focus I had back when I first joined in 2013 and I plan on losing as much weight as I did then. Luckily I didn’t put it all back on so I’m not at square one but I do still have a way to go before getting to the healthiest weight for me. So this is how I’m going to do it.
- Follow the Slimming World plan to a T.
- Keep trying new recipes and snacks to keep from getting bored.
- Go to group and stay every week.
London to Brighton Trek for British Heart Foundation – Complete it For those who have followed for awhile, you’ll remember when Topher and I attempted this in 2014. If not, see here. We got to 33 miles out of 64 and had to drop out due to the amount of blisters I ended up with on my feet. We couldn’t sign up again last year due to Topher’s hernia and I really want to finish it this time. Especially since his step dad passed away in November due to heart failure. I’m all the more determined. We made so many mistakes last time which I’ll go into this month in an upcoming blog post and we’re going to put them right this year and raise more money for the charity. So in order to do this, the plan is:
- Get the right equipment.
- Train every week.
- Make myself accountable.
Self employed business – make enough each month to live (ie. pay my contribution to expenses and food) Since I was made redundant last month and finished just before Christmas, I have been making plans to give being self employed a real go. I’m really not an office person and it affected my health last year so I really want to carve out my own career, my way. My first goal is to make enough money to pay my contribution to bills and expenses. Here’s how I’m going to do it.
- Create multiple income streams.
- Build up my freelance brand – make new product and stick to social media schedule.
- Apply to things I never thought I would get. Put myself out there. I’ve been inspired by Tiffany Han’s 100 rejection letters.
- Sell stuff cluttering up my house – including stock from my old vintage and jewellery shop.
De-clutter house and De-clutter life Now that we have a house to move into this year, I want to make it a home. I don’t want to be dragging along a load of crap I’ve been dragging around just for the sake of it. That and I want to become more of a responsible adult *snorts. But it’s true. I love organisation but I seriously need to practise what I preach. So in order to do this I’ve got to do the following:
- Continue with the alerts I’ve been setting up on my phone in advance like take car for MOT, Cats need their booster vacs etc.
- Purge/Sell old possessions I don’t want/use any more.
- Set up systems for everything
- Make new house beautiful and keep it tidy.
So those are my four goals. Simple but I really believe in them and they need to be done. Bring it on 2016, let’s make this the best year ever! Do you make new years resolutions?