The first week of the new year was a rather nice one for me. Saw some friends from my old work on Monday, went back to work and had a lovely Nandos meal with the bf where shock horror, I didn’t order chicken!
I like playing Just Dance, but what I find even better is watching my bf and his housemate play it. Hilarious. He tries so hard and she puts in no effort and beats him!
This Vanilla Chai Latte from Whittards is officially nom. Was a bit of a impulse purchase as I was only in there buying some more mulled wine tea because it’s only seasonal, but it definitely paid off. So yummy!
Finally got me some fuzzy socks which I have been after all winter. They are purple and sparkly which makes them the ultimate winter socks for me!
A bargain from Primark for a pound. I may have binged a bit in there on Monday after saying goodbye to my friends. Might have got the matching necklace as well (also a pound!) but don’t worry – I won’t go wearing them together. Stag overload!
Was kept company the other night by none other than Rose, one of my housemates cats. How cute is she? Looks like she’s smiling.
A quick peek at the jumper from my Primark binge. It’s a waffle knit and is a gorgeous rust colour. It is sooooo soft!
Rose again today having some fun with a tea towel. Cats are so funny. Can’t wait to get one of my own.
How was your week?
I only started this blog at the beginning of December but I am really enjoying it so far. Thank you to the lovely people that commented on a couple of my posts – it made my day 🙂
So this is the part where I make my resolutions yes? Ok here it goes:
1. Take care of my face: Quite a shallow first one, but it is still suffering from my year of working in retail and is rather scary to look at without makeup so I think it is necessary. It’s the only one I’ve got and I’ll be 24 (what I count as the beginning of the mid twenties!) in 2012 so I will follow my mums advice and take care of it. Why hello there angels on bare skin!
2. Take my shops Random Quirks and Toast Rack to new heights. More fairs, more action and generally put some more effort into them. They do quite well when I actually list stuff but I have quite a lazy nature so they could be doing a whole lot better. This will hopefully include getting the Random Quirks website up and running finally.
3. Save money. I am currently in a very comfortable financial position now that I have a career job and I still live with friends so my rent is super low. I plan on moving in the summer so I will have less money as I will be paying more. Therefore I must start putting more money into my savings now. Plus I’d finally be free to buy cute homeware stuff so that needs cash!
4. Keep blogging regularly. I am really enjoying this and am not going to stop now 🙂 It’s a great way to document my life as I don’t have the best memory ha ha. Plus its a great outlet for all my fashion thoughts etc.
5. See more, do more. Take photos! Try new and different things. Just what it says on the tin. I want to see now places, try new things. And of course that includes food! In 2011 I tried snails for the first time (not so bad if you don’t think about the fact that they are snails) and for 2012 would like to try something equally as weird, though maybe less gross!
What are your 2012 resolutions?