*WeBlogNorth Event *Xmas markets
*Tsum tsum advent calendar *Freelance Folk Christmas Meal
*The tree is up *Watched Elf all the way through for the first time
*Fibre is here! *Pickles loves boxes
So I took a week off. I didn’t mean to but it just happened and that’s completely fine.
I was super busy and then I had a short down period again. I think I need to stop guilting myself into a stupor. So I’m going to take it easy this December and just concentrate on the things that need to be done.
So what have I been up to since my last My Week post back on 17th November?
- Topher and I went to Coventry for a Christening of one of our friend’s children. Stayed in a Travelodge nearby and caught up with our uni mates.
- I attended my first WeBlogNorth event in a while – really fun and great to catch up with people.
- I did some in person work for an indie business who has a stand at the Manchester Christmas Markets.
- Topher and I started watching Star Trek (the original series) from the beginning.
- We saw Murder on the Orient Express at the cinema which we both loved. I can’t believe it took me right until the end to realise that Poirot was Gilderoy Lockhart from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!
- Christmas decorations went up at the weekend. And when I say Christmas decorations I mean the tree. I also bought some fairy lights so now we have two things. I really need to step up our decorating game. It’s happening though – some bits and pieces for me to craft are on the way so look out for those in a future blog post.
- The first Christmas event I attended came and went. It was the Freelance Folk Christmas Lunch last Friday. It was a lovely afternoon and I’ve got a lot more events to look forward to.
- And finally it looks like we’ll be able to get fibre internet very soon. It’s finally come to our area. We’ve been here almost two years and have been dealing with 1.2mb speed which has been horrible. Especially for me having to rely on it for my job. We actually got rid of our wifi all together earlier this year and now use hotspots from our phone. I can’t wait to have wifi again.
Also, I’m almost done gift shopping which is a relief. If you find yourself with not many names crossed off your list you should check out my Gift Guide for Her, for Him and my Indie Business Gift Guide where all the items are from small businesses.