There is still time to get 2019 off to a productive start. Rather than committing yourself to unrealistic aims like running 20 miles per week or giving up booze, why not focus on getting organised?
After all, a greater sense of organisation will enhance virtually every aspect of your life. Here’s how to take greater control in 2019 by incorporating a few simple ideas:
1. Organise your home with a thorough decluttering session. Unwanted goods can be sold online to raise some much-needed funds. Moreover, personal storage facilities allow you to think about things while redesigning the home. If possible, you should look to go paperless with various bills too.
2. Get your finances under control. Poor financial management is easily the most common form of bad organisation. Take a look at your bank statement and see where you’re wasting money. Whether it’s ditching the morning trip to Cafe Nero or changing broadband provider, those changes are huge.
3. Make a list of aspirations for the year. It’s impossible to follow the smoothest pathway if you don’t have one eye on the destination. My #19for2019 will hopefully give you some inspiration, but it’s ultimately about organising your life to help you lead the life you wish to lead.
4. Learn to organise your foods. Keep the items that are nearest to their expiration date at the front of the cupboard and you should see your food waste fall. This will also enable you to avoid buying too much of an item before it’s needed. It’s great news for your budget, space, and waistline.
5. Start using technology to aid your life. Using your calendar, reminders, and various downloadable Apps will force you to be organised. Perhaps the best thing you can do, though, is set a screen curfew. Stop using your phone after 9 PM, for example, and you will see positive outcomes.
6. Unsubscribe from promotional emails that you don’t want and quit any tasks that are wasting your time. Time is the most valuable resource at anyone’s disposal, which is why you must ensure that it is being spent in the best way. This one simple change can transform your world.
7. Find a good work-life balance. Your career is important, but it should not prevent you from enjoying special moments with loved ones. This is particularly pertinent when you’re self-employed or a business owner. However, even those in traditional employment must take note of this.
8. Try to think ahead. Whether it’s planning your meals for the week or being ready for your child’s schedule doesn’t matter. Thinking beyond today lets you put the most logical plan and strategy into place. This will inevitably work wonders as you look to make the most of your time and resources.
You might not want to incorporate all eight of those ideas, but there should be something for everyone there. They’re all manageable, realistic, and destined to make a positive impact in 2019. What more could anyone ask for?
This is a collaborative post