The Mulberry bag is my ultimate. The kind of bag I desperately want, but can’t really justify spending the amount of money I would normally spend on a holiday or at least 3 months rent (and my rent is cheap!). I can dream though.
So for those who know me, it’s no secret that I love my food. I love trying new kinds of food especially. When the bf and I went to Florida last October, the Epcot Food and Wine Festival was on so we had a blast trying different foods from around the world. We went three different days to squeeze in as much food as possible so here is what we ate and drank on the first day:
Maple and Moosehead Beer-glazed Salmon with Barley Salad.
The first dish we tried. Rather tasty!
Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie
Parisian Cosmo Slush
Very nice and rather refreshing. I may have spilled some.
Escargots Persillade en Brioche. (Snails and bread :P)
Not so bad if you pretend they’re not snails – something the bf forgot to do!
Calamari Salad with Fennel, Smoked Paprika and Olive Oil
We may have tucked in before I remembered to take a picture! That’s how good it was! Wish there was more of it.
Pastel de Nata
Though it looked very different to the many I consumed while in Portugal last June, it still tasted delicious. My dad especially was obsessed with these and my bf now is as well.
Baklava (sweet pastry with nuts)
I love these. Must go to the curry mile in Manchester to track down some.
Kefta pocket (seasoned beef in a pitta)
This beef was so delicious! The bf says this was his fav.
Lamb Slider with Tomato Chutney
Now this was my favourite. I love lamb, I love chutney. Perfection.
Luckily (or unluckily), all the portions are small and since the two of us shared everything – it was all very manageable. Though I am glad we split it over three days.
Stay tuned for day two. Will bring it to you sometime next week.
Don’t forget to enter the Random Quirks birthday giveaway. Closes at noon (UK time) on Saturday 9th.
A bit belated, but here is my top 10 picks for this week.
Have you seen anything nice this weekend? I had a bit of a Primark binge today (more on that another time!).
I had a lovely chilled New Year’s Eve this year. Just hung out with the bf and our friend playing board games and Just Dance, watching the live Kasabian concert and eating mexican food. Even popped some Bucks Fizz at midnight (£2.29 in Sainsburys – bargain!) Here is what I wore:
Dress: H&M – love this dress, it fits me perfectly!
Necklace: Etsy – can’t remember the exact shop
Belt: River Island (christmas present!)
Tights: Primark I think?
I did wear shoes – just took these pics before I put them on. They were my black suede lace up wedges from New Look.
I only started this blog at the beginning of December but I am really enjoying it so far. Thank you to the lovely people that commented on a couple of my posts – it made my day 🙂
So this is the part where I make my resolutions yes? Ok here it goes:
1. Take care of my face: Quite a shallow first one, but it is still suffering from my year of working in retail and is rather scary to look at without makeup so I think it is necessary. It’s the only one I’ve got and I’ll be 24 (what I count as the beginning of the mid twenties!) in 2012 so I will follow my mums advice and take care of it. Why hello there angels on bare skin!
2. Take my shops Random Quirks and Toast Rack to new heights. More fairs, more action and generally put some more effort into them. They do quite well when I actually list stuff but I have quite a lazy nature so they could be doing a whole lot better. This will hopefully include getting the Random Quirks website up and running finally.
3. Save money. I am currently in a very comfortable financial position now that I have a career job and I still live with friends so my rent is super low. I plan on moving in the summer so I will have less money as I will be paying more. Therefore I must start putting more money into my savings now. Plus I’d finally be free to buy cute homeware stuff so that needs cash!
4. Keep blogging regularly. I am really enjoying this and am not going to stop now 🙂 It’s a great way to document my life as I don’t have the best memory ha ha. Plus its a great outlet for all my fashion thoughts etc.
5. See more, do more. Take photos! Try new and different things. Just what it says on the tin. I want to see now places, try new things. And of course that includes food! In 2011 I tried snails for the first time (not so bad if you don’t think about the fact that they are snails) and for 2012 would like to try something equally as weird, though maybe less gross!
What are your 2012 resolutions?