*Oh Christmas tree *We Blog North Xmas
*In colourful company xmas meetup *Crystal Maze
*Coffee *Poor thing has no idea.
So it’s been a bit quiet around these parts recently. Not so much in terms of posts but of actual catch-ups and the person behind the blog showing her face. Hello again.
I’ve been doing the bare minimum this month for a reason and I’m trying to feel good about it. I’ve been so hard on myself this year, my mental health has taken a nosedive and I needed a break. I haven’t completely taken my foot off the gas but I’ve been rather quiet on social media and just doing posts that I needed to. I’ll be going into my whole mental health fun and games in another post but for now let’s keep things light and fluffy with a catchup. It is only 3 days until Christmas after all. Almost Christmas, woo!
- I attended the We Blog North Xmas dinner which was awesome. Good food, good company and a lovely goody bag to take home.
- The snow came and went. We seemed to get it a day earlier than everyone else (even others in Manchester) so it was all gone by the time people were talking about it on Twitter.
- I attended the In Colourful Company Xmas meetup. It turned out to be a rather small affair (5 of us to be exact) as so many people were stuck in the snow but we had a nice afternoon. Tried to have brunch at Leaf but their power went so we ended up at Ezra and Gil where I tried my first matcha latte (nom) and had a delicious main of smoked salmon on rye (even more nom).
- Topher turned 30! We went to crystal maze where I still didn’t win any crystals for the team (third time’s the charm?) but neither did Topher, ha ha. Then for lunch it was Bem Brasil where we ate all the meat. So good! Then we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening attempting to bar hop but then managing to find a table in one and settling there for the night. So worth it – and they had mulled wine!
- I caught a cold off Topher – thanks Topher! – which kept me in bed for several days. It finally went away to be replaced by one of the biggest and long lasting headaches I’ve ever had. Thankfully all the illness seems to be behind both of us now.
- I finished my Christmas shopping on Monday and everything is wrapped. Topher is currently wrapping my stuff in the other room as we speak.
- We decided to look at all our internet options just after Christmas so no fibre yet but soon!
- We saw Star Wars last night and it was awesome.
So coming up we’ll be heading over to the in-laws tomorrow before bundling our stuff and the cats into the car on Christmas Eve and driving over to Nottinghamshire to spend Christmas Day with my parents. We’ll be back early on the 27th just in time for my sister in law Emma’s birthday.