I’ve been feeling down a lot lately and being down is getting me down. Bleh.
I figured it would be a good idea to compile a list of things to cheer myself up so I have something to refer back to whenever I’m feeling down. So this is kind of a note to myself but I thought you might find it helpful too.
- Have a Shower or a bath – these always make me feel more human again
- Make a happy playlist and turn it up loud
- Go for a walk
- Call a friend or family member
- Listen to a funny podcast
- Make a gratitude list – I made one here
- Make a list of things that trigger your down moods
- Organise an imaginary holiday (I do these all the time!) – look up places to see, stay and eat in your dream destination
- Make your to do list short and sweet – being able to tick everything off gives me a feeling of achievement
- If you have a pet – give it a big cuddle
- Watch some stand up comedy – if you have Netflix then this is super easy
- Start a new creative project
- Clean something in your house – especially if the place is a tip. It doesn’t matter how small the area is or even if you’re just scrubbing down the worktops in your kitchen, every little bit helps and it makes me feel accomplished
- Make a fort in your living room and watch a film – because why the fuck not
- Bake something
- Have a social media detox
- Read a book
- Change your bedding and put on fresh pjs – Bliss!
- Do something nice for someone else – their smile is always a great mood lifter
- Try not to make yourself feel guilty for being down – sometimes you just are and you need to just be for a bit
Obviously not all a quick fix but still it’s something and that’s all that matters.
What do you do when you’re feeling down?