In the last few weeks at Slimming World, I’ve been trying to come up with low syn snacks that will satisfy my sweet tooth.
A challenging task! A week or two ago I was browsing Pinterest and came across a recipe for yoghurt bark. I’d seen chocolate bark before but never yoghurt bark. The recipe seemed simple enough and I could easily adapt it to fit in with my Slimming World food optimising.
I decided to give it a go and it worked out perfectly! Here’s the recipe:
10 fresh Strawberries
250g Natural Yoghurt
1 tbs sweetner
- Mix the sweetner into the natural yoghurt.
- Chop the strawberries. I sliced them horizontally but it doesn’t really matter how you do it.
- Line a tray (that’s ok to go in the freezer) with baking paper.
- Pour the natural yoghurt onto the baking paper. Don’t spread it too thin – you want your bark to be at least a centimetre thick.
- Then push your strawberries into the yoghurt, as many as you can fit.
- Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours. I put mine in overnight but remember that the longer it’s in the freezer, the harder it is to break afterwards.
- When it’s frozen, take it out and break it into pieces. Since I left mine overnight it was rock solid and I had to use a (clean) hammer to break it!
- Store in the freezer and take out a piece whenever you feel like it. Enjoy!
Unfortunately I didn’t think to take a photo of the whole sheet of finished bark until after we had scarfed down most of it. So here’s the last two pieces. Bad blogger.
For any Slimming World members out there, it’s half a syn for the entire sheet.
It’s so versatile – you can have it as a snack, dessert or even part of your breakfast. You can switch out the strawberries for any type of fruit so there’s plenty of experimenting to be done. And those who aren’t on Slimming World, you can switch out the natural yoghurt for any type of yoghurt you want like in the original recipe.
I can’t wait to try this out for summer – it’s a great healthy frozen treat!
What’s your go to healthy snack?