I can’t do all of the things. Something has got to give. I can’t simultaneously have two blogs, a business to promote, VA work to do, house decorating, cooking, cleaning, an entire wedding to plan including DIY’s and just general taking care of myself. Nope, it’s not happening.
It’s unsurprising that I was tired all the time, not eating properly and my eye wouldn’t stop twitching. So stressed. It was my own fault of course – note to self and you guys, if you’re doing wedding DIY’s get them done as early as possible.
And you may ask where was Topher in all this? He was just as stressed as I was and couldn’t help me since he was juggling two jobs.
So something had to give. In June I took the decision to stop blogging and promoting both Nomad Seeks Home and Begin.Create until after the wedding was over. Only concentrating on my freelance VA work, as well as getting some Slimming World ready meals in, I would try and do less things. Topher also handed in his notice at his second job.
Now that the wedding is over, we both feel so much better. He’s off from school for summer and I am slowly trying to get back into a routine (which includes blogging of course!). I can’t imagine what would have happened if I had tried to keep going and doing it all.
That is my advice to you. Please don’t try to do all of the things. Let some stuff slide, ask for help and just take care of yourself.
So what have I been up to since I last posted?
- We were guests at two more weddings, one of them being in Jordan. That certainly was by far my shortest trip there ever! 3 full days…
- I turned 29. In all the wedding rush, I almost forgot about my birthday! The last one of my twenties. I spent the day doing my final dress fitting and having afternoon tea with my parents followed by girly films with Topher. He had never seen Mean Girls and that needed to be fixed!
- I had my hen party. It was such a good day. Crystal Maze in Manchester, followed by afternoon tea and finally a sleepover at mine with games and amazing cocktails.
- We got married! I’ll do a full post on this soon. In answer to the inevitable question, “so how’s married life?” I’ll answer, “exactly the same!” I mean, how could it be any different when you’ve been in a relationship for over 8 years and living in sin for almost 5 of them, right? One thing’s for sure, it’s so great to be able to say the word husband. Is it just me or does the word fiancé sound kinda pretentious?
Photo by our amazing photographer, Nikki Cooper
- And for the last week I’ve just been sleeping, tidying, doing a little bit of work and chilling out before getting back to business.
So that’s it. I’m back baby!