On this day last year, we became a family – a weird furry family. Topher and I became parents to fur-babies Pickles and Luna. They were 8 & 9-week-old kittens that were so tiny I still can’t believe it. It’s been a lovely year with the two of them in our lives and it’s amazing how much pets can make a house feel like a home.
Pickles was a tiny, cheeky face fluff ball with a rat tail and a squeak for a meow. Luna was a crazy eyed shadow who loved to jump on anything that moved, especially if it was you.
Now they have grown into 1 year old cats and it feels like we’ve had them forever. Their little personalities have grown as much as they have (Pickles is so long!) and they have definitely earned a special place in our hearts.
- His food still.
- Meowing at the bathroom door. Especially when no one is in there.
- Sitting like a human.
- Curling up in the crook of your arm.
- Making a fort under blankets.
- Flopping on the floor so you can rub his belly.
- Strong smelling things. Though that won’t stop him from sniffing it again. And again.
- Workmen – he hides under the sofa
- When mum and dad aren’t quick enough to get up in the morning to feed him.
- Randomly screaming upstairs when nothing is going on.
- Waiting outside the bathroom for me to come out, then running to my office. meowing so I can give her cuddles.
- Sitting on our warm internet router
- Playing with washi tape
- Playing with the bottom of the curtains while making bird noises
- Head bops
- Workmen – she hides under the sofa too
- Her pet carrier – that means time for the vet!
- Being picked up
I literally can’t put into words how much I love them. Here’s to many years of kitty antics!
Do you have a pet?