A couple of weeks ago I went to Blognix Retreat and it was awesome. I did the exact opposite of last time and took very few photos so instead, here are the top 8 things I learned:
- Masterminds are awesome. Find your tribe people!
- Working with affiliates aren’t scary.
- Nor is getting a hold of your finances.
- When it comes to expenses, pretend you’re sitting in front of the taxman and try and justify them.
- Hashtags don’t work on Pinterest. And don’t delete pins!
- Use as many tags as you can when uploading a Youtube video
- In terms of time management, decide what is urgent vs. important. Always ask yourself, “How is this helping me achieve my goals?”
- To come up with new ideas, make an “Ultimate Scrapbook”. Everyday for two weeks sit down and pour your mind into 5 pages. Draw, write, stick things in. Don’t look back. At the end of the two weeks, read through and highlight the good ideas.
And number 9 only slightly related to Blognix, I learned that I can drive down to Rugby (where I stayed the night before) from Manchester without either a map or a sat-nav. Score!
Have you ever been to a blogging conference?