My Week #49 – Crafts, Makeovers & Shopping

*Viking Arty Party *Homemade bean burgers

*Shopping trip *DIY times in the living room

Ugh stress!

What started out as a chill week quickly slid down into a stress zone of paint, a kitchen full (and I mean full) of furniture and the realisation that my wedding is in less than 80 days. So, lets start with the good stuff.

I had a great weekend.

On Saturday I went to the #VikingArtyParty event and then had a mini shopping spree which I wrote about here and here.

Then on Sunday I got up early and did my first car boot of the season. I did it solo which wasn’t ideal but it was better that than not at all. I didn’t make loads but I got rid of loads of big bulky things that were taking up space in my house so yay. Also, it was randomly sunny that day which I was not expecting so got a little sunburned on my cheeks. And hello freckles!

Operation Living Room is fully under way

The floor fitters came on Tuesday and were done and dusted super quick. So quick that I decided to go ahead and steam the horrible wallpaper off the wall since the room was completely empty. Sorted. Having planned on moving all the furniture we’d stored in the kitchen back in that evening, Topher said why not just go ahead and paint. I thought that was a good idea – why not? It’s all ready and it would save moving things in and out of the room.

So off I popped to B&Q to get the paint we had picked out last week. Rookie error though – I didn’t get enough as it turned out and had to go back and get more yesterday. Silly girl. It’s been really stressful as we haven’t been able to use the kitchen properly for 3 days now and we haven’t let the cats downstairs at all so they’ve been letting me know their disgust at the situation. In the middle of the night. What I wouldn’t give for a nap right now!

But there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. I finished painting this morning and will be moving the furniture back in this evening. Now the only thing left is to sell off the old furniture. A task which has proven harder than we first thought. But we’ll get there.

Wedding panics ensue

With getting the second bridesmaid dress proving a lot harder than I first imagined, I began to panic a lot this week. Finding a dressmaker to make a dress from scratch was really difficult and also a lot more expensive than I first realised. So in the end I took the advice of one I spoke to. Get a dress from China and have it altered when it arrives. So that’s what I did. I got that one and also one to replace the one that already arrived just in case things didn’t match. So fingers crossed. It’s out of my hands now.

I think my main panic at the moment is that I haven’t been able to get to my flower supplies for like a week because of all the work being done so I’m falling behind. Luckily after tonight I’ll be able to get back on it.

And I just realised I’ll be having my first wedding dress fitting in a couple of weeks. Eeek. I have completely failed in losing the amount that I wanted to (including putting 2lbs on this week) but all in all things could be worse. Looking at my charts, I’m about 5lbs lighter than when I got measured for it back in November so at least I know I’m not too big for it. And that ladies is why you get the size for what you are at the time! So glad I did that.

Aaaaand breathe

Feeling a bit better now. Plans for the rest of the day include catching up on work, putting all the furniture back in the living room and making a yummy Slimming World meal. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

How was your week?

No Comments

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.